Adrian DeLuca (THE WOMAN IN A VELVET MASK) Snippet #1

“I CAN’T believe you’re getting married in three days, Adrian!” natatawang sabi ni Nate habang tinitingnan ang problemadong kaibigan. They were lounging in the den of Nate’s ancestral home.

Adrian groaned as he drank brandy from out of the bottle. “Kill me now!”

Nate roared in laughter. Hindi ito sanay na nakikita siya sa ganoong huwisyo. He had always been in control of everything and anyone around him. “Sino ba naman kasi ang nagsabing mag-propose ka diyan kay Megan ha?” anito.

“If a proposal means having her father aim a shotgun at my neck while asking me to marry his daughter or else he’ll pull the trigger, then yes, it was a proposal.”

“Ginawa ni Mr. delCastillo iyon?”

Tumango siya. “He will do anything for that brat of his!”

Umiling si Nate. “Kilala kita, Adrian.” anito. “Not even Zeus could force you into doing what you don’t want to do. Si Tita Marge ba?”

He sighed and nodded his head. “She’s putting me under emotional blackmail.”

Inihilamos niya ang mga kamay sa mukha. He remembered how his mother wept in front of him and it made him want to punch himself in the face.

“Oh, I need some good fuck right now! Lots of it!” he said desperately. “If only to temporarily take me away from this bloody mess.”

“Have you ran out of girlfriends to warm your bed?” sabi nito. “You’re not yet married, technically speaking.”

“I’m talking about sex with absolutely no strings attached.” inis na sabi niya. “The last thing I need right now are post-coital females whining about marriage and babies.”

“Hey, man, learn to appreciate them.” natatawa pa ring sabi nito sabay tapik sa balikat niya. “Tatlong araw na lang at hindi mo na sila pwedeng hawakan.”

“Fuck you!” sabi niya sabay tungga ng alak.

Katahimikan.

“How much are you willing to pay for a good lay?” pagkuwa’y sabi nito. “I know a guy named Jack. I think he can help you.”

He instantly knew what his bestfriend was talking about. “Call him. Tell him to give me his best broad. One that will give me a night I’ll never forget. Magbabayad ako kahit na magkano.”

“Ok.” sabi ni Nate sabay tango. “When are you planning to bang her? I’m curious.”

“The night before my so-called wedding.” sagot niya. “I want to be sucked dry. So dry that I would be too dehydrated to stand up and go to church. Oh fuck! That plan has to work somehow!”

Muling tumawa si Nate. “Favorite word of the day. Fuck.”

“Yeah.” he said sarcastically. “Because that’s what my life is going to be the moment I put that damn ring on Megan’s finger!”