Nick del Fierro (ONE NIGHT WITH A STRANGER) Snippet #1

“You look peeved. What happened?” agad na tanong niya nang makitang bumalik ang kaibigan.

“The bitch was guarding George like she was some kind of maximum security prison! I hate her!”

Natawa siya sa nakitang inis sa mukha nito. “I told you already. That woman’s ready to draw blood to protect her territory.”

Alexa pouted.

“By the way, look at that guy from twelve o’clock.” bulong nito sa kanya. “He’s been looking at you for like, forever. Buti ka pa!”

Pasimple niyang tiningnan ang direksyong tinutukoy ni nito. Her heart skipped a beat when their eyes met. My he’s sexy!

She didn’t have to look at her face in the mirror to see that she was blushing. One look at him and she suddenly felt like tiny flames lit inside her body. Weird.

“I’ll just powder my nose.” maya-maya pa ay narinig niyang paalam sa kanya ni Alexa. Marahang tango lang ang isinagot niya rito. Her thoughts were busy wandering toward twelve o’clock.

The scrumptious man was wearing a white shirt with a black leather jacket slung over his left shoulder. Wow. He must have been the man in mind when they coined the term hunk.

He was tall and lean and ripped in all the right places. Maging ang mga banyagang babaeng naroroon ay kanina pa tingin ng tingin dito. He obviously had more hots in his right thumb than all the men in that room combined.

The best part of it all was the fact that he was looking at her as if she were the only one present in the room. Gosh, he’s melting me with his gaze!

Inilayo niya ang mukha at pasimpleng iniiwas ang tingin. The man looked handsome like the devil but she didn’t want to make the first move.

Napasinghap siya nang makitang tumayo ang lalake at marahang naglakad patungo sa kinauupuan niya. Is he going to come up to me? What am I gonna say? Yes? No? Maybe? YES!

“Georgie!” pagkuway masayang bati sa kanya ng isang boses mula sa likuran. “I can’t believe I’d see you here!”

Saglit siyang bumalik sa huwisyo nang makilala kung sino ang nagsalita. “Vincenzo!” aniya sa modelong nakilala niya sa isang fashion show sa Milan dalawang taon na ang nakararaan.

They dated a couple of times but that was it. He was a bit too possessive for her taste. That and the fact that she wasn’t really attracted to him.

“Where have you been all these years?” he said in his sexy Italian accent.

“I was studying fashion design at Parson’s the whole time.” aniya habang ang misteryosong lalake pa rin ang laman ng isip niya. “My, I had a charmed life in the Big Apple!”

She thought that there was something off about Vincenzo that night but her mind was too crammed to even make a big deal out of it.

Her eyes secretly searched for the handsome stranger. Too bad Vincenzo’s broad shoulders covered her line of sight towards him. Nasaan na kaya siya?

“Rubbing elbows with the best now eh, cucciola mia?” tukso nito. “Is that why you broke my heart two years ago?

Tumawa siya. “Vincenzo, you’re making me blush!” aniya. “Did I really?”

“Nah!” Iwinagayway nito ang kamay sa harapan niya. “I’m over it now. Let’s just drink.”

Tumango siya. “Fair enough.”